Sunday, April 20, 2008

Looking for the flock

"And a man found him wandering in the fields. And the man asked him, 'What are you seeking?' 'I am seeking my brothers,' he said. 'Tell me, please, where they are pasturing the flock.'" -- Genesis 37:15-16

Found this verse today and it so reminded me of this picture. A man walking down the road in India. I do not know his name. I do not know where he is going. I do not know what he is seeking, but I do know that he is sought. He is sought after by two...one for death and one for life. "Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." Can you not see a lion rushing out of that field to his right and devouring him right there?

Yet, he is sought by One who would give life. "But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship Him." Though the chances that this man will even every run into a believer are dismally small, the Lord knows him by name and knows his eternal destiny. May this man and others like him be found not as prey but as worshippers. May he find where the flock is pastured and come under the protection of the good Shepherd.

No comments: