Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Sunday afternoon

It is again the Lord's Day...the best day of the week. This morning D began preaching on 1 John. He is hopeful to have more opportunities to preach in that church in the future. After church, S, Gloria (a nurse from Minnesota), and I put together the room where we will have Bible Club this week. The kids are really looking forward to it and keep asking, "When will we have Bible club again?" Hopefully, many will come on Tuesday afternoon to hear the teaching as it is basically the only time they have to hear about Christ. Here are a couple of the kids that live on the compound looking at some of the Bible story pictures. They keep asking, "What is this? What is this?" in Hindi, and I really wish that I could explain the stories to them. This little girl, Yasmine, was asking about the picture where the Israelites are gathering manna, and she asked, "Is that cotton?" All I could say was, "Nahi, khana." No, food....I had to leave it at that so it seems that a furthur explanation will have to wait for Bible Club...or until I can learn more Hindi!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom called to tell us y'all had talked. It was great to hear from you. Loved the part about the roaches. It's obvious you are in a place of much darkness in the hearts of those around you. I'm thankful there is some light there. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, last was from Nana & Pawpaw.

Ray said...

I am looking forward to hearing all about Bible club - especially the follow-up on the little girl asking about the manna. Dad and I (and our community group) are praying for you. Lots and lots of love, Mom

Anonymous said...

The end of another week here. After a stormy week the weather is bright and sunny...leaning toward the cool. PawPaw and I are going to watch Ryan play baseball in a little while. Just took a coconut pound cake from the oven. Let me know what food you have missed the most and I'll have it all prepared when you get home. Have a good weekend. Love. Nana & PawPaw