Sunday, April 13, 2008

Only a few days more

I can hardly believe I only have a few days left here…it doesn't seem like a month has passed yet! I'm missing home but know that I'm going to miss it here as well. However, I'm wanting to use these last few days to the fullest.

S and I are still hoping to go to the neighboring village where the "rat-eating class" lives. They have no electricity, running water, and not even very many clothes. They are the poorest of the poor. People from this village even refuse to associate with them though they themselves are very poor. As they speak a dialect of a dialect of Hindi, they do not even have Scripture available in their language. But they are almost all illiterate so even if a Scripture were available they would have no way to read it. The P's so desire that they are able to hear the truth, but they don't even speak the dialect but are hoping to learn it in the future.

S and I are also planning to go visit her friend in a village some ways away tomorrow. It takes 30-45 minutes by car over some pretty treacherous "roads." We went last year and there were times when we were literally driving with the tire on the edge of a small cliff. But it was well worth the trip to see this young woman who has heard the gospel so many times but has not come to Christ out of fear of what her family will say and do to her. Please pray for our time with her, that S will have the right words to speak to her and the Lord would move in her heart to draw her to Himself.

We'll also have one more day of Bible club before I leave…on Tuesday afternoon. I'll try to take some pictures this week so that you can see all of their little faces. Some are so eager and attentive to the story of Christ, and we can only pray that the Lord is calling them.

I've also been invited to eat dinner at the other doctor's house tonight with her family. They are so sweet and have a real heart for the Lord's work in this place. I know that the P's are grateful to have them here even though much of their time is occupied with working on a community health project. Their kids love playing with J and AG and are constantly knocking on the P's front door and asking if AG can play!

Guess that's all for now. Just as a side note...here's a picture of the largest roach I've ever seen in my life. This 3-inch long monster had made itself at home on my mosquito net. After I regained my composer, I quickly let him know that he was not welcome in my room! I'm going to add a few pictures to the previous posts, so you might want to check them out as well!

No comments: