Sunday, May 4, 2008

Here are four of my favorite little girls in the whole world. Yes, they are all girls despite what we westerners think of as "boy" haircuts. Just as a side note, did you know that there is no such thing as boy-colors and girl-colors in India? I remember one little boy was so proud to show me his new pink flip-flops or "chuples" as they're called in India.

These sisters with AG are the daughters of Momina, who you met on the previous post about House Church. They are a Muslim family who live and work on the mission compound. S told me that though they had been exposed to the gospel many times in the past, no one had ever really sat down with Momina or her family members to really explain the gospel to them. Yasmine, the oldest in the black shirt, is the one who was looking at the picture of manna that I so badly wanted to talk to. Lahje, on the left, is possibly the most joyful child I have ever met despite the very challenging circumstances in which she lives every day...she has no idea that her life is hard! The baby is on the right and her name escapes me at the moment. She always had a bit of a mischevious twinkle in her eyes!

I've had this picture on my desktop since I left India, and every time I look at it, it makes me a bit homesick for them. None of them are yet believers and are being raised in a Muslim family. It makes me tear up a bit just to think about it. I pray that the Lord may scoop them up in saving grace and that they may be tremendous lights for Him in the midst of darkness.

Here's a short clip of them playing outside...it's really short but I thought you might want to hear their voices. Just like normal sisters, they play and laugh and sometimes yell at each other. I hope that you will get a little glimpse of just how special Yasmine, Lahje, and baby are and may pray for them as the Lord brings them to mind.


2 comments:

Cjsmomx6 said...

once again, thanks for the glimpse into life there. It makes me want to go and pray all the more.

Rob Bailey said...

makes me miss burma. need to really pray for them now.