Thursday, May 29, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

"He has made everything beautiful in its time." It's been decision time for both me and the P's. I've been praying over returning there, starting grad school this Fall, buying a house, and what my ministry here should look like. The P's have been deciding about staying where they are doing what they are doing or taking another route for ministry at this time.

I'm so pleased and grateful to say that decisions are being made on both fronts. I've decided to wait a year or two before starting back to school, and the P's have decided that D will start a 3-year seminary in south India before returning to their home. While vastly different implications are hinged on these decisions, the Lord's will is being made beautiful in His time through both of them.

I'd been wondering and praying through why the Lord would allow me so much time and a burden for that area yet seem to say that now is not the time to return there. And here is the answer! Had I decided to return there at this time, the P's would not be there, which would mean that likely I would not be able to be there without them. I'm so thankful to the Lord that He is sovereign and gives us the desires of our heart even before we know why we have those desires!

So for those of you have been praying for me and the P's, thank you, thank you, thank you, and keep praying! Though decisions are being made, there are still many unknowns and opportunities to walk in faith. Pray for both me and the P's that the Lord will provide a house of His choosing even across oceans. Pray for decisions we know still need to be made and those we don't even know about yet. May we have hearts of wisdom that desire to glorify God above all.

No comments: