Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lipstick on the Wall

When my brother was about 2 years old, he took my mom's lipstick out of her purse and "decorated" his room with it. It was everywhere...on the walls, his toybox, the door, and all over him. With all of the red, it looked like a gruesome murder scene. So some kids paint their walls with lipstick, others give themselves a haircut, but my little pooch seems to be content destroying things that she is not even supposed to touch.
This morning I was awakened by the jingling of her collar as she sat so angelically by my bedside waiting for me to wake up. As I got out of bed, I praised her for being such a good dog and not acting the fool to get me out of bed. But then, I walked up front...
To my great surprise, my living room rug was scattered with shards of CDs, random bits of paper, and a few other things that I'm still not really sure what they used to be. I keep a basket of random tv-related things under my tv, blockade in with books and baskets so that she can't get to them...or so I thought. Apparently, my little mischief-maker spent some time figuring out how to get into the basket and then made several trips back and forth to the rug with her new-found treasures...and then proceded to tear them into shreds.
Apart from the mess, there were no great losses, a few CDs to replace and papers to tape back together. My "While You Were Sleeping" DVD now has a nice imprint of her mouth...if only dogs needed dental records. I wonder if the police could use it to identify her if she ever ran away? Another of her victims was an instruction booklet on how to use her gentle-lead collar...she's always hated that thing...maybe this sparked the ransack.

I think this is one of the things I'm supposed to laugh about some day. Perhaps that will come after I've vacuumed all of the shards of broken CDs out of my rug. I suppose this is tame compared to what she could have done with a tube of lipstick...I don't even want to imagine that!

2 comments:

mr-stu said...

Not as bad as what you woke up to, I got woken by the cat this morning playing with the plug chain in the bath at six in the morning!

Jennifer said...

Oh, my! I would NOT have been happy with that puppy. Sounds like you're keeping a good perspective, though.