Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Knit Souls

Every year in February, my best friends from my years at the U of A get together for girls' weekend. Though I don't see these girls much more than this annual trip, it is so fun that we can always pick back up right where we left off. It's so much fun to have friends like that...the ones that you don't have to explain everything to...they just understand you. It reminds me somewhat of the friendship between David and Jonathan, "As soon as he had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul" (I Samuel 18:1). That's what we are...knit souls, or "bosom friends" as Anne of Green Gables calls them. I so enjoyed my time hosting these ladies this year and am already looking forward to Girls' Weekend 2010!

No comments: