Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese Paninis

I tend to make up recipes off the top of my head. Sometimes they don't turn out so well, and I feed them to the dog. But this tomato soup is so yummy and quick. You can hardly call it homemade since it uses a can of Campbell's, but you'd never know to taste it!

Pour the can of condensed tomato soup into a microwave-safe bowl. Fill the empty can with 3/4 chicken stock and 1/4 heavy cream. (I didn't say it would be low-fat!) Sprinkle in some basil, mint, onion powder, garlic salt, pepper, or whatever spices you like. Then just heat it until it's nice and steamy.

It so yummy! Perfect with a grilled cheese...I squished these on the panini press for an added crunch! So tasty on a cold winter day -- comfort food to the max!

1 comment:

Becky Arnold said...

Can't wait to try it. We LOVE tomato soup!